vruz: via Alternet, my favourite read today, which is only true in part and that makes it incomplete. this article only explores the 1984 big brother side of the problem, but it leaves untouched the brave new world side of it. it’s never the stick alone, it’s always stick and carrot. just enough carrot to keep the kids in the hamster wheel.
other good stuff via thedailywhat:
This x That:
- Federal appeals panel rules individual mandate in President Obama’s healthcare reform unconstitutional.
- Russell Brand on UK Riots: “These young people have no sense of community because they haven’t been given one.”
- Judge orders Casey Anthony back to Florida to serve one year probation for check-fraud conviction.
- New York Times ditching fancy phone number for pedestrian one.
- Director promises Human Centipede 3 will be 10,000 percent more medically accurate.
Look At This:
- The 30 Who Died Together: Photos of Military Personnel Lost in Afghan Helicopter Attack.
- NewsFeed: Levi’s Ad Depicting Riot Scenes Canceled in UK.